3-1-07 235lbs 3-29-07 221lbs 3-30-07 221lbs 4-6-07 217lbs Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE! Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Back on Track Week #3 of South Beach Diet

I like to keep people updated on my progress towards becoming healthy.  It is more for me than it is for you, but if it encourages you in some way than great.  If anything becoming a healthier person is a long term process.  Believe me I am looking for a short cut, but they are hard to find, and few between.

As I mentioned a few weeks back, after a year of focusing on other areas of my life (they do play into being healthier emotionally, mentally, and being a basic peace with myself) I am again focusing on becoming physically healthy.  After getting down to 204lbs almost three years ago, I started on December 19, 2009 at 230lbs.  I was feeling pretty down about me. putting on shoes was getting tougher, didn’t like how I was looking, and the worst was a few weeks earlier a little kid was hanging around where we worked and wanted to pat my belly.  Right then and there I new something needed to give.  So on the 19th, Christmas week, I launch the third attempt at losing weight and becoming my physically fit.  I have always been able to drop weight pretty quickly with South Beach, and it fits me, so I dusted off the book and put it back into action.  I stayed on track through Christmas and in the first week, with working out at 5 am, I lost 10 pounds.  I know, lots of it water weight, etc… but for me it was progress.  Than the week following Christmas I got sick.  For me being sick is about trying to feel comfortable, and eating has always helped me feel more comfortable.  Along with my son’s 21st birthday, a New Years Party at our house, and not feeling great, I jumped back up to 227.  Discouraged, bummed, angry, I decided to keep at it.

Today, January 7, 2010, I am back down to 221.  So in three weeks I have dropped 9 pounds.  I should be happy with that.  I am exercising 45 minutes 5 times a week, eating right foods again, and taking my health into my own hands rather than playing the victim and letting life dictate my way of living.  I encourage you to join me in trying to figure out this thing called healthy living.  Bring on week #4.

No comments: